By Simon St. Laurent, Edd Dumbill, Eric J. Gruber
If you’re an internet developer or dressmaker able to study Rails, this detailed ebook is the fitting technique to start.
Rather than throw you into the center of the framework’s Model-View-Controller structure, Learning Rails 3 works from the skin in. You’ll commence with the principles of the net , and the way to create anything obvious with Rails’ view layer. Then you’ll take on the tougher internal layers: the database types and controller code.
All you must start is HTML adventure. each one bankruptcy comprises routines and overview inquiries to try your realizing as you go.
- Present content material through development an software with a uncomplicated view and an easy controller
- Build varieties and strategy their effects, progressing from basic to extra complex
- Connect types to types via developing a database, and create code that maps to database structures
- Use Rails scaffolding to construct purposes from a view-centric perspective
- Add universal internet software components reminiscent of classes, cookies, and authentication
- Build functions that mix facts from a number of tables
- Send and obtain electronic mail messages out of your applications
"Learning Rails 3 appears like a brisk pair programming consultation with pros who understand how to exploit Ruby on Rails to get issues performed, and get them performed well."
-Alan Harris, writer of Sinatra: Up and Running