By Kenneth C. Feldt
This is your advisor to construction web functions and consumer interfaces with the Mozilla part framework, that is top identified for the Firefox net browser and Thunderbird electronic mail consumer. Programming Firefox demonstrates tips on how to use the XML person Interface Language (XUL) with open resource instruments within the framework's Cross-Platform part (XPCOM) library to enhance numerous tasks, resembling advertisement internet purposes and Firefox extensions.
This ebook serves as either a programmer's reference and an in-depth educational, so not just do you get a complete examine XUL's capabilities--from basic interface layout to complicated, multitier purposes with real-time operations--but you furthermore mght methods to construct a whole operating program with XUL. in case you are coming from a Java or .NET setting, you may be surprised at how quick large-scale functions will be built with XPCOM and XUL.
Topics in Programming Firefox include:
- An assessment of Firefox technology
- An creation to the graphical parts that compose a XUL application
- Firefox improvement instruments and the method used to layout and construct applications
- Managing an software with a number of content material areas
- Introduction to source Description documents, and the way the Firefox interface renders RDF
- Displaying files utilizing the Scalable Vector pics general and HTML Canvas
- The XML Binding Language and interface overlays to increase Firefox
- Implementing the next-generation types interface via XForms
Programming Firefox is perfect for the fashion designer or developer charged with offering leading edge standards-based web purposes, even if they're internet server functions or Internet-enabled computer purposes. it isn't only a how-to ebook, yet a what-if exploration that encourages you to push the envelope of the web experience.